Free parenting classes are offered, year round, at Project Self-Sufficiency's main campus, and at schools, social service organizations, and other locations throughout the community by request. Classes use the nationally recognized Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP), Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (STEP), or 24/7 Dad Program curricula. NPP courses are designed for the participation of parents and their children.
Parenting Classes are Available for:
- Expectant Parents (NPP, Pre-natal Program)
- Families with Infants, Toddlers and Pre-School Aged Children (NPP)
- Families with School-Aged Children (NPP)
- Families with Adolescents (NPP)
- Families in Substance Abuse Treatment & Recovery (NPP)
- Spanish-Speaking Families (NPP)
- Fathers (NPP and 24/7 Dads)
- Parenting Teens (NPP)
- Families with Children Ages 0 - 6 (STEP)
- Families with Children Ages 0 - 10 (STEP)
Learn the different stages of physical and emotional development during all phases of childhood and adolescence, as well as techniques for positive discipline and improved communication. Snacks and childcare provided. Classes are free and open to the public, but registration is required.