Sussex County parents and their children are invited to the annual free Family Expo at Project Self-Sufficiency. Each April, fire safety officials, representatives from local social service organizations, and health experts join together to offer families tips on household safety, parenting, healthcare, and more.
Participating agencies have included:
- American Red Cross
- Caring Partners of Morris/Sussex Counties
- Maternal Child Health of Northern New Jersey
- Division of Youth & Family Services
- Domestic Abuse Services
- Family Intervention Services
- Family Support Organization
- Ginnie's House
- Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Legal Services of Northwest New Jersey
- Literacy Volunteers of Sussex County
- Newton Police Department
- Parent Interactions with Schools/Teachers
- Sussex County Community College
- NJ Shares
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- United Way of Northern New Jersey
The annual Family Expo is free and open to Project Self-Sufficiency and Family Success Center participants, but space is limited and registration is required. To find out more about the Family Expo at Project Self-Sufficiency, call 973-940-3500.
The next Family Expo will be held in the Spring, 2016.