Project Self-Sufficiency offers weekly home visits and parenting classes (including infant parenting) to prenatal and new parents throughout the Sussex County, New Jersey area. Counselors provide instruction in basic childcare, child development, early childhood education, and parenting skills. Fun parent-child activities are included in every visit.
The Healthy Families Home Visitation Program is free and open to single parents, teen parents and two-parent families. Services are offered during pregnancy and available until children are three years of age. Participants can receive services in their own home, as well as on-site at Project Self-Sufficiency.
Other activities and services include:
- Assessment Services;
- Case Management & Supportive Counseling;
- Training in Life Skills such as communication skills, budgeting, household management, balancing a checkbook, stress management, and more;
- Parenting Classes;.
- Support Groups and Family Activities;
- Economic Self-Sufficiency Services;
- Support Services;
- Financial Assistance, such as subsidized childcare slots at the Little Sprouts Early Learning Center, transportation assistance, access to the food pantry and to clothing donations.
Project Self-Sufficiency of Sussex County is grateful for the involvement of the Healthy Families Advisory Board in the Healthy Families/TIP program.
The Healthy Families/TIP Home Visitation program at Project Self-Sufficiency is funded by the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Family Development and the New Jersey Department of Children & Families, Division of Prevention & Community Partnerships.