The innovative Work Connections program at Project Self-Sufficiency of Sussex County is a unique partnership between Project Self-Sufficiency and local industry which encompasses job training, recruitment, placement and follow-up services for those who face multiple barriers to employment.
The Work Connections Program offers Job Seekers:
- Intensive job training and apprenticeships
- Access to computer classes, employment labs, testing facilities
- Help with resume preparation
- Job placement services
- National Work Readiness Credentialing
- GED preparation and help with basic skills
- Workplace etiquette instruction
- Occupational skills training
- Financial literacy education
- Case Management
- Career Counseling
- Job Fairs;
- Access to Health Pathways Careers program at Sussex County Community College, including college certificate programs.
The Work Connections Industry Advisory Council is a consortium of business leaders, non-profit organizations, schools, and government agencies who collaborate to create solutions to workforce needs.
- leverages expertise of local business leaders
- provides information about industry trends, growth opportunities and unmet needs
- offers an information exchange regarding job opportunities and work force needs
- identifies training, apprenticeship sites for Work Connections candidates
Funding for the Work Connections program is provided by the New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development, Harold J. Wirths, Commissioner. To register for any of these services, or to find out more about the Work Connections Program at Project Self-Sufficiency, call 973-940-3500 or 844-807-3500.