Project Self-Sufficiency of Sussex County has been fortunate to receive the following honors and awards for excellence of service:
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce Quality in Living Award, 1990 and 2006;
- New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Award;
- New Jersey Department of Education, Division of Vocational Education, Gender Equity Leader of the Year Award;
- Domestic Abuse Services (DASI) Violence Prevention Award;
- Nomination for a New Jersey Child Assault Prevention Award (CAPP);
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce Philanthropic Award, Board President Beverly Gordon and Bruce Gordon, 2007;
- New Jersey Heroes, Board President Beverly Gordon, 2010;
- Community Foundation of New Jersey, Exemplary Performance in Non-Profit Management, Deborah Berry-Toon, 2008;
- Centenary College Woman of Distinction Award, Deborah Berry-Toon, 1996;
- New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs, of G.F.W.C. and Douglass Residential College Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Women of Achievement Award, Deborah Berry-Toon, 2010;
- TransOptions 2011 New Jersey Smart Workplaces Bronze Level Award:
- New Jersey Herald Reader's Choice Award;
- Displaced Homemakers Network of New Jersey Award for Excellence, Beverly Gordon and Rhoda Seider, 2002;
- Sussex County Economic Development Partnership, Training & Workforce Development Award, 2013.
First Lady Mary Pat Christie (right) congratulates New Jersey Hero Beverly Gordon at the Governor's private residence, Drumthwacket, 2010.
The Project Self-Sufficiency Board of Directors congratulates Executive Director Deborah Berry-Toon on the receipt of the prestigious Exemplary Performance in Non-Profit Management Award from the Community Foundation of New Jersey.