Project Self-Sufficiency of Sussex County has been fortunate to receive the following honors and awards for excellence of service:
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce Quality in Living Award, 1990 and 2006;
- New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Award;
- New Jersey Department of Education, Division of Vocational Education, Gender Equity Leader of the Year Award;
- Domestic Abuse Services (DASI) Violence Prevention Award;
- Nomination for a New Jersey Child Assault Prevention Award (CAPP);
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce Philanthropic Award, Board President Beverly Gordon and Bruce Gordon, 2007;
- New Jersey Heroes, Board President Beverly Gordon, 2010;
- Community Foundation of New Jersey, Exemplary Performance in Non-Profit Management, Deborah Berry-Toon, 2008;
- Centenary College Woman of Distinction Award, Deborah Berry-Toon, 1996;
- New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs, of G.F.W.C. and Douglass Residential College Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Women of Achievement Award, Deborah Berry-Toon, 2010;
- TransOptions 2011 New Jersey Smart Workplaces Bronze Level Award:
- New Jersey Herald Reader's Choice Award;
- Displaced Homemakers Network of New Jersey Award for Excellence, Beverly Gordon and Rhoda Seider, 2002.
First Lady Mary Pat Christie (right) congratulates New Jersey Hero Beverly Gordon at the Governor's private residence, Drumthwacket, 2010.
The Project Self-Sufficiency Board of Directors congratulates Executive Director Deborah Berry-Toon on the receipt of the prestigious Exemplary Performance in Non-Profit Management Award from the Community Foundation of New Jersey.